This page is intended to provide you with resources and updates for transplant professionals regarding the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic. Updates will be provided daily or as needed, please check back frequently for updated information.
Materials / Releases
Get COVID-19 updates for transplant
Delivered to your inbox daily or as new information becomes available.
Enable efficient communication with your organization
During this critical time, transplant professionals need to stay in constant communication. TXP Chat is available for free to use throughout the coronavirus pandemic and can be used to help with:
- Changes to OPO office protocols and access both during office hours and after hours with recovery supplies
- If hospital access changes at various donor facilities (only access via front entrance, special badge requirements, Unit specific shutdowns) these can be communicated in real time
- New cases of COVID-19 are reported in specific facilities
- Local transplant centers make changes to their own criteria around accepting, recovering and transplanting organs
- Updates from tissue processors are coming out and changing forms like the U-DRAI (Universal Donor Risk Assessment Index AKA Medical/Social Screening) requiring immediate implementation.
- With staff receiving such a large volume of emails and often busy with clinical activity, they may not see specific emails like this in real time.
- By sending a text notification out to the applicable group you can grab their attention and get instant acknowledgement through replies to the message.
- With current concerns for COVID-19 transmission and exposure, a more extensive review of the EMR, UDRAI, and images may be necessary with Medical Directors, Clinical Mgmt and Transplant Partners prior to a case being available in DonorNet.
- Using TXP Chat, you can create a referral and share the patient specific information with all parties in a HIPAA-compliant environment where discussion and decision can take place.